Our Commitment to Privacy
We do not sell, rent, give away or share your personal information with outside sources, and we honor all CAN SPAM laws against unwarranted contact with you. For more information about the CAN-SPAM Act, click here.
Collection and Use of General Information
When you visit our website, our servers make a log of basic information corresponding to the sites and pages you have visited. This information is considered to be anonymous and includes aggregate data such as the amount of time spent on a webpage, the number of times a page is visited, etc. We gather this data to track the effectiveness of our website so that we can provide a better user experience for you.
Information including your IP address, browser type, domain type, access times, referring websites, etc. may be automatically collected. This information is used to provide general statistics regarding the use and operation of the Families & Schools Together website.
Collection, Use, and Retention of Personal Information
When you visit our website, you may choose to provide us with personal information (name, location, e-mail address, telephone number(s), etc.) for various purposes, such as registering to receive e-mail updates, requesting more information from us about our services, submitting a form on our website, or just asking a question. The amount and type of information collected may vary depending on the nature of your interaction with our website.
We only ask for personal information so that we can fulfill your request or return your message. We retain and use this information in accordance with current laws, rules, regulations, and other policies. When you supply information about yourself for a specific purpose, we use the information for that purpose alone (such as to provide the service or information you have requested).
With your permission, personal information is retained for as long as we are providing you relevant information and/or in order to ensure we have satisfied your inquiries as determined by Families and Schools Together, Inc. You are able to request to no longer be contacted, including the option to opt-out of email communications, at any time. You also have the right to request a complete and permanent erasure of your information from our records. Therefore, your personal information may be stored indefinitely until you request its complete and permanent erasure. To review, change, or completely remove any personal information in our records, please send us an email.
Email and Mail Contact
Families & Schools Together, Inc. will not send you e-mail communications that you have not agreed to receive.
At your request, we send periodic emails for upcoming news or events. You may subscribe or unsubscribe from our email list at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or calling us at toll-free at 888-629-2481. We also include instructions for unsubscribing at the bottom of every email we send.
Cookies are files holding small pieces of data that are transferred to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser from our web server. A cookie cannot read data from your hard disk or read cookie files that may have been created from other sites. Our website may utilize cookies as a means of providing personalization features to our visitors. For example, we may utilize cookies to remember settings that you may have made at our website.
You can choose whether to accept cookies by changing the settings of your browser. Typically, by accessing the browser’s help feature, you can find information about how to prevent your browser from accepting all cookies or notify you when a cookie is sent. If you choose not to accept cookies, your experience at www.familiesandschools.org and other websites may be diminished and some features may not work as intended.
Testimonials, or “success stories,” help us share the impact of FAST with site visitors. When you submit a testimonial, you grant us permission to use your story/testimonial and photograph with minor punctuation and grammatical edits, without payment or any other consideration in any of our publications and media, including this website, to exhibit, publish or distribute this testimonial for purposes of promoting FAST® and FASTWORKS® programs. You also agree to hold harmless and release and forever discharge Families & Schools Together, Inc. from all claims, demands, and causes of action which you, your heirs, representatives, executors, administrators, or any other persons acting on your behalf or on behalf of your estate have or may have by reason of this authorization. You also signify that you are at least 18 years of age and competent to contract in your own name.
Published testimonials do not include names but do identify the city and state from which the story originated, as well as the role (FAST Parent, school principal, etc.) of the person who submitted the story. Spanish and other language testimonials will be kept in their native language.
About Third Party Activity
Families & Schools Together, Inc. will disclose your personal information or any of its log file information when required by law or in the good-faith belief that such actions are necessary to 1) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with a legal process served on Families & Schools Together, Inc.; 2) protect and defend the rights or property of Families & Schools Together, Inc. or visitors of www.familiesandschools.org; 3) identify persons who may be violating the law, the legal notice, or the rights of third parties; and/or 4) cooperate with the investigations of purported unlawful activities.
While no part of the www.familiesandschools.org website is targeted to children, we are committed to comply with any applicable laws and/or requirements, such as the United States’ Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act. While no child should make a submission to www.familiesandschools.org, any such information discovered will be deleted immediately.
For More Information
We’re grateful that you took the time to explore our website, and we invite you to get in touch. If you have any questions about your rights and responsibilities, please contact us at 608-663-2382 or send us an email at email@example.com. The www.familiesandschools.org website is maintained by Families & Schools Together, Inc. with headquarters at 2801 International Lane, Suite 212, Madison, WI 53704. Our toll-free number is 888-629-2481.
Families & Schools Together, Inc. maintains this website (“materials, electronic products and/or services”) in order to provide you with information about our work, and to enable you to interact with us online. This Agreement describes our understanding with you when you visit our website and use our materials, electronic products and and/or services. YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, OUR MATERIALS, ELECTRONIC PRODUCTS AND SERVICES AND/OR DOWNLOADING OF MATERIALS FROM OUR WEBSITE CONSTITUTES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH HEREIN.
Throughout this policy, you will see the terms “Families & Schools Together, Inc.,” “we,” “our,” and “us” – these terms refer to Families & Schools Together, Inc., a Connecticut non-stock corporation with tax-exempt status pursuant to Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(3). You will also see the terms “I,” “you,” “your,” and “yours” — these terms refer to visitors to and users of our website. In the United States, Families & Schools Together, Inc. is the sole owner of the name “Families & Schools Together, Inc.,” “FAST,” and FASTWORKS, which, are registered trademarks. In addition, Families & Schools Together, Inc. is the U.S. licensee of the FAST logo. Your use of the name and logo and/or links bearing the name and logo acknowledges Families & Schools Together, Inc.’s exclusive ownership of the name and/or right to use the logo. All use of or goodwill associated with the name, logo, our materials, electronic products and/or services will inure to the benefit of Families & Schools Together, Inc. or its licensors. The logo, electronic products and services are provided without warranties of any kind, express or implied, including without limitation, warranties of title or non-infringement. Use of our materials, electronic products and/or services provided at the site is solely at your own risk.
Linking and Use of Website Materials, Name and Logo, and Technology
Families & Schools Together, Inc. appreciates informational and educational uses of the Families & Schools Together, Inc. website, our materials, electronic products and/or services, including our name and logo. However, there are limits on the uses, including the use of the name and logo and the links bearing the name and/or logo.
- Use of the name and logo or links bearing the name and logo may not indicate or create an impression that Families & Schools Together, Inc. endorses, approves, sponsors or is affiliated with your products, goods, services or your website.
- Your use of the name and logo or links bearing the name and logo may not indicate or create an impression that Families & Schools Together, Inc. will benefit from the sale of any good or service.
- Links bearing the name and logo may only be used for the purpose of linking to the Families & Schools Together, Inc. website as designated within the link.
- The links bearing the name and logo will always be active links.
- The name and logo and/or link bearing the name and logo may not be combined with any other graphic elements; nor may they be altered in any manner including size, proportions, font, design, arrangement, colors or elements; nor may they be animated, morphed or otherwise distorted in perspective or appearance.
- The name and logo and/or link bearing the name and logo may not appear more prominently than your personal, company, product or service website name.
- You will not transfer, assign, sell, reproduce, distribute or otherwise exploit the name and logo or your link to us.
- The Families & Schools Together, Inc. name and logo and/or link bearing the name and logo may not appear on any pages of any websites that include content or advertising for alcoholic beverages, tobacco, pornography, religious material, partisan material, political material or firearms.
- Appropriate action by Families & Schools Together, Inc. may include, but is not limited to, the revocation of the right to use the name and logo and/or any links bearing the name and logo, in which event you agree to remove the name and logo and/or the links bearing the name and logo within 2 business days of notice of revocation.
It is improper, and may be a violation of law, for you to post or download and distribute any material that you do not own or for which you do not have permission to use. PLEASE BE AWARE: violation of someone’s copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property rights may subject you to civil and/or criminal penalties.
Inappropriate Use of Families & Schools Together, Inc. Materials, Electronic Products and Services and/or Technology
It is inappropriate to use Families & Schools Together, Inc. website, our materials, including the Families & Schools Together, Inc. name and logo, electronic products and/or services for illegal, inappropriate, or obscene purposes, or in support of such activities.
We define these terms as follows:
“Illegal activities” are those that violate laws, regulations and/or private agreements, including federal or state laws governing charitable activities, copyright laws, trademark laws, license agreements or other intellectual property rights.
Listed below are some, but not all, prohibited activities that may result in action by Families & Schools Together, Inc.:
- Posting, transmitting, or facilitating in the promotion of illegal content through our website or electronic products and services.
- Using our website, our material, electronic products and/or services to harass, threaten, embarrass, or do anything else to another visitor or third party that is unwanted.
- Transmitting or facilitating distribution of content that is untrue, threatening, harassing, abusive, racially or ethnically offensive, vulgar, sexually explicit, obscene, defamatory, or objectionable.
- Using the name and logo or links bearing the name and logo on websites which Families & Schools Together, Inc. finds, in its sole discretion, to be objectionable or which includes obscene, violent, intolerant, tasteless, denigrating or sexually oriented content or materials.
- Disrupting the flow of any chat areas with vulgar language, abusiveness, or other conduct that may disrupt normal activities.
- Pretending to be anyone whom you are not. You may not impersonate Families & Schools Together, Inc. staff, or anyone else.
- Attempting to get a password, other account information, or other private information from others, or harvest e-mail addresses or other information.
- Posting any unsolicited content or designs, including advertising and promotional materials, at our website.
Testimonials, or “success stories,” help us share the impact of FAST with site visitors. When you submit a testimonial, you grant us permission to use your story/testimonial and/or photograph with minor punctuation and grammatical edits, without payment or any other consideration in any of our publications and media, including this website, to exhibit, publish or distribute this testimonial for purposes of publicizing FAST® and FASTWORKS®. You also agree to hold harmless and release and forever discharge Families & Schools Together, Inc. from all claims, demands, and causes of action which you, your heirs, representatives, executors, administrators, or any other persons acting on your behalf or on behalf of your estate have or may have by reason of this authorization. You also signify that you are at least 18 years of age and competent to contract in your own name. Spanish and other language testimonials will be kept in their native language.
Families & Schools Together, Inc. reserves the right to make any change to the information and/or license provided herein at any time for any reason. You acknowledge and agree that you are responsible for keeping up with any such changes.