Last updated on October 24, 2022
When you visit our website, servers may log basic information corresponding to the sites and pages you interact with. Information including your IP address, browser type, domain type, access times, referral sites, activity, etc. may be automatically collected. This information is considered to be anonymous and is used to provide general statistics regarding the use, operation, experience, and effectiveness of our website.
You may choose to provide us with personal information (name, location, e-mail address, phone number, etc.) for various specific purposes, such as subscribing to emails, requesting information about our services, submitting a question or form, etc. The amount and type of information collected is based on the nature of your interaction.
We retain and use this information to fulfill any given purpose in accordance with current laws, rules, regulations, and other policies. We do not sell, rent, give away, or share your personal information with outside sources and honor all laws against unwarranted contact with you.
Your personal information may be stored indefinitely until you request to review, change, or erase it from our records.
We use Mailchimp as our marketing platform. By subscribing to our email list, you acknowledge that your information will be transferred to Mailchimp for processing. Learn more about Mailchimp’s privacy practices here.
We include a link to unsubscribe from our Mailchimp list in the footer of every email. This the most efficient and immediate option for unsubscribing. You may also subscribe or unsubscribe from our email list at any time by contacting us directly.
Our website may utilize cookies to personalize and enhance your experience as a visitor or member. For example, when you log in as a member to our web portal, we will set up several cookies to save your login information. Login cookies last for two days. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
You can choose whether to accept cookies by changing your browser settings. If you choose to block cookies, some features on our website may not work as intended.
Testimonials help us share the impact of our programs. When you provide your testimonial, we obtain your permission to use and share your testimonial/story and image with minor punctuation and grammatical edits, without payment, to promote FAST®, FASTWORKS®, and the FAST® Institute of Family Engagement programs.
Published testimonials may include names and identify the city, state, and/or organization from which the story originated, as well as the role and/or title (FAST Parent, school principal, etc.) of the person who provided the testimonial. You must be at least 18 years of age to provide a testimonial.
Third Party Activity
Families and Schools Together, Inc. maintains this website (“materials, electronic products and/or services”) in order to provide you with information about our work, and to enable you to interact with us online. This Agreement describes our understanding with you when you visit our website and use our materials, electronic products and and/or services. YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, OUR MATERIALS, ELECTRONIC PRODUCTS AND SERVICES AND/OR DOWNLOADING OF MATERIALS FROM OUR WEBSITE CONSTITUTES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH HEREIN.
Throughout this policy, you will see the terms “Families and Schools Together, Inc.,” “we,” “our,” and “us” – these terms refer to Families and Schools Together, Inc., a Connecticut non-stock corporation with tax-exempt status pursuant to Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(3). You will also see the terms “I,” “you,” “your,” and “yours” — these terms refer to visitors to and users of our website. In the United States, Families and Schools Together, Inc. is the sole owner of the name “Families and Schools Together, Inc.,” “FAST,” and “FASTWORKS,” which are registered trademarks. In addition, Families and Schools Together, Inc. is the U.S. licensee of the FAST logo. Your use of the name and logo and/or links bearing the name and logo acknowledges Families and Schools Together, Inc.’s exclusive ownership of the name and/or right to use the logo. All use of or goodwill associated with the name, logo, our materials, electronic products and/or services will inure to the benefit of Families and Schools Together, Inc. or its licensors. The logo, electronic products and services are provided without warranties of any kind, express or implied, including without limitation, warranties of title or non-infringement. Use of our materials, electronic products and/or services provided at the site is solely at your own risk.
Linking and Use of Website Materials, Name and Logo, and Technology
Families and Schools Together, Inc. appreciates informational and educational uses of the Families and Schools Together, Inc. website, our materials, electronic products and/or services, including our name and logo. However, there are limits on the uses, including the use of the name and logo and the links bearing the name and/or logo.
- Use of the name and logo or links bearing the name and logo may not indicate or create an impression that Families and Schools Together, Inc. endorses, approves, sponsors or is affiliated with your products, goods, services or your website.
- Your use of the name and logo or links bearing the name and logo may not indicate or create an impression that Families and Schools Together, Inc. will benefit from the sale of any good or service.
- Links bearing the name and logo may only be used for the purpose of linking to the Families and Schools Together, Inc. website as designated within the link.
- The links bearing the name and logo will always be active links.
- The name and logo and/or link bearing the name and logo may not be combined with any other graphic elements; nor may they be altered in any manner including size, proportions, font, design, arrangement, colors or elements; nor may they be animated, morphed or otherwise distorted in perspective or appearance.
- The name and logo and/or link bearing the name and logo may not appear more prominently than your personal, company, product or service website name.
- You will not transfer, assign, sell, reproduce, distribute or otherwise exploit the name and logo or your link to us.
- The Families and Schools Together, Inc. name and logo and/or link bearing the name and logo may not appear on any pages of any websites that include content or advertising for alcoholic beverages, tobacco, pornography, religious material, partisan material, political material or firearms.
- Appropriate action by Families and Schools Together, Inc. may include, but is not limited to, the revocation of the right to use the name and logo and/or any links bearing the name and logo, in which event you agree to remove the name and logo and/or the links bearing the name and logo within 2 business days of notice of revocation.
It is improper, and may be a violation of law, for you to post or download and distribute any material that you do not own or for which you do not have permission to use. PLEASE BE AWARE: violation of someone’s copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property rights may subject you to civil and/or criminal penalties.
Inappropriate Use of Families and Schools Together, Inc. Materials, Electronic Products and Services and/or Technology
It is inappropriate to use Families and Schools Together, Inc. website, our materials, including the Families and Schools Together, Inc. name and logo, electronic products and/or services for illegal, inappropriate, or obscene purposes, or in support of such activities.
We define these terms as follows:
“Illegal activities” are those that violate laws, regulations and/or private agreements, including federal or state laws governing charitable activities, copyright laws, trademark laws, license agreements or other intellectual property rights.
Listed below are some, but not all, prohibited activities that may result in action by Families and Schools Together, Inc.:
- Posting, transmitting, or facilitating in the promotion of illegal content through our website or electronic products and services.
- Using our website, our material, electronic products and/or services to harass, threaten, embarrass, or do anything else to another visitor or third party that is unwanted.
- Transmitting or facilitating distribution of content that is untrue, threatening, harassing, abusive, racially or ethnically offensive, vulgar, sexually explicit, obscene, defamatory, or objectionable.
- Using the name and logo or links bearing the name and logo on websites which Families and Schools Together, Inc. finds, in its sole discretion, to be objectionable or which includes obscene, violent, intolerant, tasteless, denigrating or sexually oriented content or materials.
- Disrupting the flow of any chat areas with vulgar language, abusiveness, or other conduct that may disrupt normal activities.
- Pretending to be anyone whom you are not. You may not impersonate Families and Schools Together, Inc. staff, or anyone else.
- Attempting to get a password, other account information, or other private information from others, or harvest e-mail addresses or other information.
- Posting any unsolicited content or designs, including advertising and promotional materials, at our website.
Families and Schools Together, Inc. reserves the right to make any change to the information and/or license provided herein at any time for any reason. You acknowledge and agree that you are responsible for keeping up with any such changes.